Shortchanges City on Parks
- The proposed river park is likely to be an empty promise that will never happen.
- The fine print of the initiative shows that FS does not have to even build the park.
- FS plans to shift the burden of park construction to the City and taxpayers rather than building it themselves.
- FS also plans to shift the burden of securing state and federal permits to the City of San Diego.
- According to their plans, much of the river park would likely be covered in weedy retention basins for much of the year.